Did you know that approximately 620,000 to 780,000 individuals become US Citizens every year?

US Citizenship is the ultimate goal for many people, while others aim for US Permanent Residency, also known as a Green Card.

Let us take a quick look at some of the benefits of US Citizenship vs. a Green Card.

What is a Green Card?
A Green Card is issued to foreign nationals by the Citizenship and Immigration Service. It authorizes recipients to reside and work in the United States indefinitely. It must be renewed every ten years.

Both Green Card holders and US citizens can:

  • Own or rent property in the US.
  • Apply for a driver’s license.
  • Attend public/private schools and colleges.
  • Open bank accounts.
  • Receive a social security number.
  • Work without the need for any other visas.
  • Open a US company.
  • Retire without any need for extra visas.

Unlike Citizens, Green Card holders cannot vote or run for office in public elections. Green Card holders also cannot serve on a jury.

Can Green Card holders travel outside the US?

Permanent residents are free to travel outside the United States, and temporary or brief travel usually does not affect your permanent resident status. There can be reasons that an applicant is seen to ‘abandon” their Permanent Residency if they do not live/visit America for an extended period.

Can Green Card holders obtain financial aid in the form of Grants and Scholarships for their/their children’s education?

US permanent residents with a Green Card are considered “eligible noncitizens” and can get financial aid from the US government including federal student loans and state grants as long as their Green Card is valid.

The Immigration through Acquisition program allows business owners to move to the US in as little as 45 days with premium processing. The application stage is a two-step process, where you first apply for an L-1 visa through a business acquisition. The L-1 visa allows you and your family to move to the US. Once here, the attorneys will then apply for an EB-1c visa, which will grant you and your family a Green Card in about one year.

Reach out to us if you are interested in learning more about the program!